The overall payment experience in China has deteriorated in 2013 comparing to 2012. Key messages from the China Payment Survey are:
- Average credit terms extended in China has become longer comparing to 2012
- Maximum credit terms has generally been lengthened in 2013 comparing to 2012
- Overdue situation has also become more common in 2013 comparing to 2012, with a rising concern of management
- A higher percentage of respondents told us that the average overdue-period has been lengthened
- 45% of the respondents told us that they have seen an increase in overdue amount in 2013, comparing to the 56% in 2012
Download this publication :
Reality Check: Corporate Payment Trend and Sectorial Risk in China
Coface’s survey of corporate credit risk management in China, carried out in the fourth quarter of 2013, revealed that 8 out of 10 companies in China experienced overdue payments in 2013. The chemical, industrial machinery and household electric & electronic appliances sectors are at higher risk. Since credit facilities will remain tight in 2014, a deterioration in corporate payments could lead to a significant ripple effect in China’s shadow banking market.
Last changes on country risk assessments
|Country||Previous assessment||New assessment|
160 country evaluations, drawn up on the basis of macroeconomic, financial and political data, are made freely available.
Regularly updated, they provide an estimate of the average credit risk on a country’s businesses. This is an invaluable tool, giving an indication of a country’s potential influence on businesses’ financial commitments.
Our evaluations are based on:
- our macroeconomic expertise in assessing country risk,
- our contextual business expertise,
- our microeconomic expertise built up over 60 years of payment experience.
Our analyses use a seven-level ranking. In ascending order of risk, these are: A1, A2, A3, A4, B, C and D.
This search engine enables you to consult our comparative assessment tables:
- - by geographical regions,
- - by country assessment,
- - by business environment assessment.
Several criteria can be combined to filter your search.